Come one, come all, and revel as I navigate the ups and downs of the mundanities of my life. Thus far, my stomach-churning has been kept to a minimum, but I can't speak for my readers. You'll be riveted as you're kept on the edge of your seat, wondering, "Will the next post be the one that makes me lose my lunch??" Excitement, she wrote!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Relaxing!

It's a gorgeous Saturday morning! The view from my balcony in the summer is one of lush, lively greenery, and after a long week of work I am content to let Chris sleep in, and just sit outside and let the feeling of having no obligations wash over me with the morning breeze. Grundton is out here with me too, alternately relaxing and rolling around, massaging himself against the rough concrete of the balcony floor, and exploring the sight and sounds of the outdoors - poking his head through the railing to identify the mild sounds of construction workers and car engines below, and following flittering bugs with his eyes, letting little agitated meows erupt from his throat. It's a very different kind of stimulation from what he usually gets indoors, and it's rare for him to be allowed to just hang out on the balcony. Occasionally I have to get up from where I'm sitting to keep a close eye on him - although I'm pretty relaxed about him interacting with the outdoors and I trust him to know not to do anything rash, I am cautious when he pokes his body just a tad too far out over the balcony. He knows this, too! When I call out with a coaxing "Grundton!" he meows in slight protest at my interjection, but always pulls his body back from the railing instinctively. But there is no denying it. We both love lounging outdoors!

No comments: