Come one, come all, and revel as I navigate the ups and downs of the mundanities of my life. Thus far, my stomach-churning has been kept to a minimum, but I can't speak for my readers. You'll be riveted as you're kept on the edge of your seat, wondering, "Will the next post be the one that makes me lose my lunch??" Excitement, she wrote!

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mundane Updates

Carry My Joy On the Left
Holy shit!! Ryan sent me a present from Indianapolis, and it's a pink Corona cowboy hat! If I was never the life of the party before, I will be now. Thanks for not making it a bong, Ryan!

I lost my "Question Reality" button I always have pinned on my purse a little while ago, but I found another one online. w00t. Also bought a couple of CDs to add to my collection (Gorillaz, Mark Knopfler, Refused, and Sonic Youth).

My homegirl Julia is back from Italy!

The lifeguards at my pool get hotter each year. Where are they finding these guys?! Each summer I think, "Wow, the people hiring are really outdoing themselves this time," but then the next year rolls around and they manage to get lifeguards of an even higher physical caliber. Are they models in their free time? Do I need to fake a drowning? I think the answers are, respectively, yes and yes.

Carry My Pain on the Right
My car Earl died on the Capital Beltway a few days ago on my way to work. Poor Earl! He gave me quite a scare. But we sent him to the hospital and they patched him up (needed a new fuel pump), and now he's good as new. Welcome back, Earl!

I got chewed out by a US marshal last week for attempting to deliver an "imperfect subpoena." The bastards. There was nothing wrong with the subpoena, and they knew it. I used to think the marshals were great eye candy in the courtroom, but I don't know if I can be a fan of them anymore. I'll never again look at Marshal Marshall in the same way.

We urged one of our clients a few days ago to take a plea bargain from the government in his case. I feel bad for the guy because he could go to jail for up to over two years for something that so easily could have been avoided. It was entirely his fault for getting himself involved in the incident, and I don't deny that he did a stupid thing, but it just sucks that now he has to pay for it with potential jailtime. He's not a bad guy at all and I am sympathetic towards him. But he's done jail time before, and I guess he can (and will) do it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send me a lifeguard!

~Kaitylicious~