Come one, come all, and revel as I navigate the ups and downs of the mundanities of my life. Thus far, my stomach-churning has been kept to a minimum, but I can't speak for my readers. You'll be riveted as you're kept on the edge of your seat, wondering, "Will the next post be the one that makes me lose my lunch??" Excitement, she wrote!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

For Real This Time!

My apologies.

To say the least, I have not been keeping up with my blog obligations (blogligations? blobligations?) since I've been back from the summer. I wish I could say that my time of late has been spent on productive, community-oriented goals such as literacy programs for the blind or herpes public service announcements or the like, but to be honest, I've really just been doing a lot of drinking.

But seriously now, it's time to get your window into my life back on track. Whatever that means. I know classes have started for everybody, so I'll try to keep this entry simple and straightforward. Any questions you have, come see me during office hours.

International
China was really awesome.

Domestic
Nina moved out, Stawek and the previously unknown Brendan Costigan moved in. Brendan graduated from Hopkins a year ago and now he's back to work in the area. Very cool guy and makes a wicked fajita. Stawek is still the Polish lush we've known and loved for three years and counting. We're going to polish this place up and paint a mural and do some other crazy crap. Welcome to Buddytown, Mid-Atlantic Chapter.

Entertainment
At this point, my main concern in the entertainment department is to not let Stawek or Chris Canary spiral into alcoholism alone. I know some of my friends have approached my drinking and five-day-a-week inebriation with concern, but to them I say: know that I do it for those who need me. And to stay on top of my Beirut game.

In other entertainment news, I've been recently exposed to a lot of crazy electronic music, and it rocks my socks.

Education
Within the next 30 years, keep an eye out for the book, Well, Back to the God Thing, and you'll know what I've been filling my head with these days. Of course, I could also just tell you right now, but then none of you will read the book.

Sports
Let me make my stance on team allegiance very clear for those who seem not to get it: I am an Orioles fan. They are the only team I care about, and my love for the O's extends farther than my hatred for any team. So, for example, when the O's are playing the Red Sox, I will NOT root for the Sox just to spite the Yankees. When the O's lose 11 to 3 to New York, I will NOT don a Yankees cap just to feel that elusive rush of victory. Those who thought I abandoned the O's for the Nats: you're outta your fucking mind! The O's are my team, and I'm going to be with them until the bitter end.

In an unrelated matter and just as a point of clarification, I don't care much for the Red Sox and it wouldn't break my heart to see them get killed by NY.

Moving on to football, the game I know nothing about, I've decided to jump on the Just-Can't-Quite-Make-It-Teams bandwagon and and root for the Eagles. If nothing else, it will make my good friend Ryan Carroll very happy. Since I'm still slowly learning about downs and positions and...player's names, if anybody wants to sacrifice their Sundays or Monday nights molding their favorite Asian girl into a football fan, call me.

* * * * * * * *

So there you go - you're all updated on my life again. Goody.

15 hours until I see Yankees v. O's at Camden Yards!


No comments: