Come one, come all, and revel as I navigate the ups and downs of the mundanities of my life. Thus far, my stomach-churning has been kept to a minimum, but I can't speak for my readers. You'll be riveted as you're kept on the edge of your seat, wondering, "Will the next post be the one that makes me lose my lunch??" Excitement, she wrote!

Sunday, August 07, 2005

It Never Ends

HOLY FUCKING SHIT-type Media Updates
Charlie Murphy of Chappelle's Show leaks that the show ain't returning. I don't really care because I've seen like, one episode, but I figure CS fans (and there are lots of you out there) might like to be kept in the know. Looks like it's back to UPN for black comedy.
News link.

Spoilers*Spoilers*Spoilers*Spoilers*Spoilers*Spoilers*Spoilers
According to a source and a half, Michael Vartan (highlight) of Alias will be K.O.'ed (or at least written off) at the beginning of Season 5. Details were not forthcoming, but even with this early warning I foresee myself screaming, "J.J.!! WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!" on my knees with clenched fists in the air at the end of the episode.
The source.
And a half.

And Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming...
In science it only takes one case of a theory not being true to disprove that theory. Following that logic, the Amy Chen curse still holds water. Friday night, the Padres defeated the Nats 6-5. Even from the view of free $35 seats, it was not a pretty sight.



I swear this is the last baseball photo I will post. Until I return to Baltimore and get to some O's games.

Moving on...
When it comes to matters of civil liberties versus security, I'd like to say that random searches really are not a trifling matter. While driving near the Capitol on Louisiana and C, I experienced the pleasure of being stopped by two cops and having Earl's trunk examined. It may not seem like a big deal to get stopped for less than a minute to pop your trunk and have some stranger look through it, but afterwards I felt shaken up and extremely violated. Whoever says that if you've done nothing illegal, you've got nothing to worry about is completely missing the point.

And last but not least...
Next week, Sachin and I are going to stop by the Church of Scientology center in Dupont Circle to get their advertised free stress tests. Because I want to get my soul in alignment, and because it's too hilarious to pass up. I mean, you think the tests ever reveal that you're not stressed out? "Our examinations reveal that you're in a state of pure relaxation. Would you like some pamphlets on Hinduism?" Come on, now. We decided that I would play the skeptic and Sachin would play the sucker. On the flip side, they could use their mind-control techniques and totally sell us on Dianetics and the OT III enlightenment. That would so not be funny.

Stay tuned.

No comments: