Come one, come all, and revel as I navigate the ups and downs of the mundanities of my life. Thus far, my stomach-churning has been kept to a minimum, but I can't speak for my readers. You'll be riveted as you're kept on the edge of your seat, wondering, "Will the next post be the one that makes me lose my lunch??" Excitement, she wrote!

Monday, August 15, 2005

Last Minute Wraps

Dear Readers:

As most of you know, starting Tuesday morning (very, very morning - getting up at 4:30 am, to be exact), I will be in China for three weeks. I don't know if there will be anymore updates before I leave, so if not, I want to take this time to say adios! and that I'll be looking forward to seeing most of you again come September (with armloads of presents from overseas).

Since this may very well be my last post for a while, I want to give some of you readers out there closure on my summer. As you can all tell from my various entries, Sachin and I have become really tight and have shared many an interesting adventure. I will definitely miss him a lot, but as he reminds me - he is just a Chinatown bus away!

Recently, we have also gone to trial on a very big case. Our client was charged with APO (assault on a police officer - more specifically, a US marshal), and this was Anya's first jury trial. The closing arguments will be delivered tomorrow (Monday), and hopefully I will be able to report back to you with a verdict and a blow-by-blow of what unfolded during the trial. It is my hope that if our client is acquitted, I will no longer be (unfairly) known as the "narc" amongst some of you.

Also, much love to Casey Cohen for being a great friend during the summer, giggling and gossiping together behind everybody's backs. Remember, Casey: Ben may be married, but in our hearts, he will always belong to us.


Casey's last day...you rule, girl!

And as for my Hopkinites, I miss you all so very much. I can't wait to see you guys again, and I'm sure senior year will be a blast.

Lastly, thank you all for your loyal and generous support! Although most of the stuff I write is for myself, knowing that you guys are out there reading and loving this stuff really means so much to me. If I ever end up writing that critically-acclaimed novel, you all will be the first group of people I thank in the acknowledgments section. And if not, I'll take you all out for cheeseburgers and sundaes:)

Lots of Love and Hugs,
Amy

P.S. Check out the "Links" section at right to keep you busy during your hours of boredom or insomnia.

* * * * * * * * * *
Rach11rpi: hey Amy, so I feel like a total aim-stalker (which i guess i am), but i've been reading your blog for a while tonight ... and it's totally awesome
Rach11rpi: you know, most people i know who keep blogs have super boring ones and can't write for shit... you've always been a good writer though

McIrishJHU: this shit is hilarilous
McIrishJHU: it had me on the floor laughing one paragraph in
McIrishJHU: and i'm now on the edge of my seat waiting for more
McIrishJHU: last night i was reading an essay by mark twain on how to write a humorous short story. you nailed it.

Thanks! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are you going in China??? I'll be there in 2 weeks!
~K~