Come one, come all, and revel as I navigate the ups and downs of the mundanities of my life. Thus far, my stomach-churning has been kept to a minimum, but I can't speak for my readers. You'll be riveted as you're kept on the edge of your seat, wondering, "Will the next post be the one that makes me lose my lunch??" Excitement, she wrote!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Even More Baseball...

You're cringing now as you find yourself reading yet another baseball post. Don't worry, the season will soon be over...

But in the meantime, I have to brag about the Phillies’ amazing sweep of those kings of the NL, the filthy New York Mets. Each successive game in this series just got more and more intense, and I swear I almost peed myself tonight (I taped the 1:05 day game) when Chase Utley hit that walk-off RBI that sent Iguchi home for the win. Game 1 on Monday was a blowout, Game 2 was tight but low-scoring. Game 3...well, don't think we didn't catch you trying to cheat, New York (*cough* Reyes and Wright *cough*), but you lost anyway. As for tonight, all I have to say, giddily, is: Billy Wagner, you sucked, and bad. You forget that when you are an ex-player, we know all your secrets, and that really came back to bite you in the butt tonight. Enjoy the ride back up I-95, suckers (as well your cross-town rivals’ sweep of the Red Sox)!


Aug. 28: Wright, Heilman, and Lo Duca stare in disbelief at a swinging bunt that's rolled fair.*


Aug. 28: Ryan Howard after his winning homerun.*


Aug. 29: Marlon Anderson freaks after interference is called on him and the Mets lose.*


Aug. 30: Shane Victorino jumps on Tadahito Iguchi after Iguchi comes home for the win.*

In other baseball news: Yes, I am still madly in love with Carlos Ruiz. In the exciting aftermath of today’s game, I imagined Carlos rushing into the dugout and, in the heat of the moment, kissing me passionately. I sent the rookie catcher a fan letter a few weeks ago (no comments please), in which I suggested that sending back an autographed picture would be good karma for the playoffs. Now that the Phillies are behind the Wild Card and division leaders by only two games, I think Carlos has no choice but to show me some love. (Picture at right: "Bay and Carlos")

Last but not least, I have decided to….quit my job and aspirations and become a professional baseballer. After going to the batting cages for the first time in my life this past weekend, I now see the light. And it has nothing to do with educating little black kids or winning a Pulitzer. It’s all about bending your knees and wiggling your butt in the summer sun, and swinging a bat to the euphonious crack of a well-hit liner. No matter that I was just facing the slow-pitch softballs – that feeling is pretty damn good all the same.

*Photos courtesy of Yahoo! Sports.

No comments: