Come one, come all, and revel as I navigate the ups and downs of the mundanities of my life. Thus far, my stomach-churning has been kept to a minimum, but I can't speak for my readers. You'll be riveted as you're kept on the edge of your seat, wondering, "Will the next post be the one that makes me lose my lunch??" Excitement, she wrote!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Lightning Round: Part IV

I haven't done the Lightning Rounds in over a year...enjoy the easy reads:

For the 1st Time: Grundton and Nicholas
Haven't introduced the cats yet on the blog. Here are some pictures. Don't snicker at me. I know it's ultralite and you know you love it. Grundton is over a year old and in the marble stripes; Nicholas is almost 10 and looks like an owl.





Absurd Thoughts on Baseball
They say that baseball is a gentlemen's sport, but it's also the only major sport* in which the players are required to wear caps and they chew and spit.
* * * * *
If I were the commissioner of baseball, I would definitely create some kind of yearly game - just for fun, of course - in which all the players take other player's positions...a kind of switcheroo, in effect. So you've got the regular batting lineup doing the pitching, and the regular starters and the bullpen would become batters and fielders. Just imagine, in the National League, the weak part of your lineup would be every player except for the pitcher! I don't know how it would translate to the American League; either the DH becomes obsolete or you have eight of them. Anyway, I just figured that this way, everybody's bad at what they're doing, and it would just be a hilarious time for me. But of course, you'd need to truncate the game to about 3 innings or so, because otherwise it would probably go on with no end in sight.**

*I do not consider golf a sport; it has no offense/defense.
**If you do not understand this, then you need to watch more baseball.

Coming Soon...
I am currently working on a piece about racism in humor. It's not as black and white (or Asian - har har) as you think. Check back before August 20th.

1 comment:

cathleen said...

hmm... but wouldn't the terrible, terrible hitters (pitchers) just strikeout constantly, leading to a pretty short game? that's what most pitchers do these days anyway.

or do you think that the inability to pitch by the pitchers (hitters) would compensate for this?

or: am i thinking about this too much, period?