Come one, come all, and revel as I navigate the ups and downs of the mundanities of my life. Thus far, my stomach-churning has been kept to a minimum, but I can't speak for my readers. You'll be riveted as you're kept on the edge of your seat, wondering, "Will the next post be the one that makes me lose my lunch??" Excitement, she wrote!

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Random Poking Fun


Before we jump into the chapter of my life called "Thanksgiving Recovery: The Day After," I must share something that I found while surfing the 'net. It takes itself so seriously that it well crosses the boundary into the kingdom of cute absurdity, where "cute" is taken in the most condescending and demeaning manner possible. The following is from ConservativeMatch.com, an online dating service for conservatives seeking conservatives. (I'm not predicting a lot of "BiDBM seeking same" on this particular dating service...) Anyway, here is the introduction to the site.



So far, so good. I can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of Republicans reproducing, but that's well within their right, and personal ads with political bents are nothing new. However, I did do a double-take when I saw the following:


Now to be completely fair, the word "exciting" does mean "to elicit an emotional response," and I suppose if you're living the lifestyle of a 70-year-old man on dialysis, things such as the daily arrival of the mailman and dressing yourself could count as "exciting." Hearing about Paris Hilton acting like a vacuous ninny can be considered "exciting" as well, in that the emotional response elicited is constant seething rage. So yes, the English language is a diverse and colorful tongue, but even that still doesn't explain why anyone would call a pro-life prayer group an exciting conservative event, much less attend one on a date. I think your chances of getting on base are pretty much shot when the majority of the night is spent talking to God about fetuses.

So ConservativeMatch.com may be for you if you're into really fun stuff like guilt-ridden sex, followed by "Breakfast with the GOP" the awkward morning after. Good luck with finding that special someone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh....

damn...

i'd better cancel my membership there...